Consisting mostly of the old Regiment of Reknown unit - Prince Ulthgar's Imperial Dwarves - this will be a unit of 20 dwarves including champion, standard bearer, and musician.
I spent all day yesterday trying to strip the models. I bought a gallon of Simple Green on Saturday and soaked the dwarves in an undiluted solution of it overnight. I then scrubbed lightly with a toothbrush and I have to say that Simple Green works better than Pine-Sol ever did.
On the other hand, it still doesn't get all paint out of the nooks and crannies with an overnight soak. With February's project, I'll try soaking for a full 24 hours and see if it works on the details.
Regardless, at this point the models await cleaning of the last of the old paint, then cleaning the models themselves of flash and seams. See, cause, back in the day, I didn't even do that.
That's tonights work.
Tomorrow is priming.
I plan on doing all the units, including their champions in a technique called underpainting. You can find a detailed description of the technique, as it applies to miniatures, here.
Wednesday I'll take off.
Thursday I'll likely take off.
So that leaves Friday for drybrushing the models.
Saturday I'm taking a day trip up to a friend's place and will get as much of the unit done there while helping him paint as well.
Sunday I have to work!
And then we'll see what else needs to be done by Monday night in order to finish the unit in time for my end of month Deadline.